ALPA Live Church Services Restart Strategy
The Church Leadership Board has devised a framework strategy for the reopening of Abundant Life Pentecostal Assembly (ALPA), to be adjusted as needed with input received in response to the following survey sent out to our congregation members.
We want to hear from you! Please fill out this survey and return it no later than Monday, June 1st, 2020. Send it to email@example.com or if printed out, drop off at the church office.
Three factors are considered;
- Safety for all of our congregation; especially those at higher risk
- Peace of Mind, knowing appropriate precautions have been implemented to encourage willingness to return to church
- Respect and Love for our community and neighbours by showing respect for provincial and federal regulations.
Pre-Requisites to Reopening Live Church Services
- Survey of Church Membership
- A well-defined Plan of Action for reopening
- Establishment of trained Pre and Post Service Cleaning Crews
- Establishment of trained Usher/Greeter Team to direct traffic, inform, and assist
Plan of Action
For the time being, Church will look different;
- Services will be recorded, and posted online for those who are not comfortable returning yet
- Depending on response, we may have to temporarily go to two services instead of one
- Offering will be put in a drop box, rather than offering bags passed around
- Communion will be set out on tables rather than passed around
- There will be no communal coffee, tea, or water placed out (bring your own from home)
- Hand sanitizer stations will be set up in various locations
- If you are sick in any way, for the sake of others, please do not come to church that day. Stay home and watch service when it comes available (likely later Sunday evening).
- The only two communal point of contacts difficult to avoid are the front door entry (which will be held open to reduce contact), and the washroom. We would ask that everyone try to use their washroom at home before coming, but if you have to use church facilities, cleaning supplies and instructions will be provided in the washroom to wipe down what you use.
- For the time being, kids will remain with their families instead of nursery or going downstairs. We have talked of initiating a quarterly, or monthly, ‘Family Service’ to involve our children more in our services, so we will be fast-tracking that to be incorporated during this time.
- To maintain the required distancing
regulations in our facility,
- Numbers will be limited to 35 (to a maximum 50 people) depending on demographics (families can sit together).
- Flow of traffic will be established
- Tables will be set up to facilitate spacing, communion, and offer children a place to draw or colour.
- Fellowship afterwards is encouraged to happen in the parking lot (weather permitting)
If survey is completed, and cleaning and greeting teams established and trained; Proposed start date for live services is June 14, 2020
- If multiple services are required, times TBD
- If we do not have the volunteers for cleaning and greeting, we cannot open
SURVEY – Please email reply back, or print and fill out and return to church office, by Monday, June 1, 2020
Question 1 – When would you feel comfortable attending church again?
- As soon as possible (you are okay with proposed start date of June 14)
- Wait a little longer to see effects of back to work order and lifted restrictions
- Not until an approved vaccine is available
Question 2 – If we had need to go to two services, circle both your preference, and which of the two times would you attend?
- Sunday Mornings (9:45 am and 11:15 am)
- Sunday Morning and Evening (10:30 am and 6:00 pm)
- Saturday Evening (6:00 pm) and Sunday Morning (10:30 am)
Question 3 – If you have young kids;
- Would you be willing to keep them with you for the length of service?
- Or, would you wait to come until kids’ programs fully reopen?
Question 4 – Have you been watching our service online?
Question 5 – Would you be willing to volunteer for a rotating schedule as;
- Pre and Post Service Cleaning Crew
- Pre and Post Service Greeter/Usher to direct, instruct, help
Question 6 – Please tell us any other comments or concerns